Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

It's the end of the world as we know it!

Good evening fair folk of blogshire.

I've been getting that feeling of being a little unfocused, like a fuzzy wool. So, I thought, what better way to refocus than to look back on January, as it's the first month that I have blogged consistently! That might not seem like much of achievement, but I feel like it is!

Fancy Scarf
I've made three scarfs, the last of which I quite like (photo to the left, to the left), so my craftiness is underway! I have a bunting to make, a baby blanket, a crochet headband and a pretty baby headband to source and complete. I've started to research the local market and my head is full of ideas of stocking good quality and slightly quirky baby blankets, hats, Welsh cakes and cardamon buns. 

The problem with my mind is that it's too easily sidetracked and I end up with that unfocused and guilty feeling that I might have just been sat down doing very little, spending rather than earning. One of my projects makes me feel very much this way; the novel I'm writing (or not as the case may be). I've joined a site called Authonomy (link below), it's basically for all the lovely people trying to write, but to even discuss your book you have to have written 10,000 words....needless to say I haven't written anywhere near that!

So, in February I have decided to try and write as much as I can! This is going to be hard as I can't take my eyes off of my lovely daughter for more than 20 seconds at a time or she eats cardboard.

I've also written about the yummy food we've made in the house and I've realised how far behind some of the lovely bloggers out there we are in our little house. Which is fine, it's a learning curve and half the fun is seeing how much you've achieved. There are some utterly stunning photo work out there, very much inspired! I hope to improve!

The second thing I'd like to do is upgrade my blog visually a little. It needs a few tweeks about the edges and fancinesses. Hopefully over the months it will begin to look more and more professional, or erm, like I know a little bit about it!

Things of note:

1. I made some things.
2. My baby now dances (mostly to fast beat music, weirdo). 
3. I'm reconnecting with friends that I haven't spoken to in ages.
4. I recognise I am NOT a natural sales person (my poor Jamie @ Home manager).

Get Published

 Isn't it strange when you "give up" work you seem to have too much to do in the time you now have "free"?



No comments

Post a Comment